Learn about Tammy who struggled with ADHD as well as her struggles from a fall which caused brain trauma. After her first visits she was more calm and began noticing a difference. Watch Tammy’s story now.
Our Patient Success Stories
At the Global Brain Center, our success is measured by our patients satisfaction with our services and the care they receive when visiting our center. We take great pride in our patients and their courage to overcome their challenges.
I was just letting you know about the extraordinary results I have been experiencing from my first treatment at the Neuro Brain Center of America. As you know after my heart attack of 1/3/2015, I began to have difficulty with my memory. I could not recall simple details, like what I had for lunch, the name of my favorite store, or when an event had happened and regrettably if it had happened. It was really affecting my job. I work with hundreds of clients every day and I started to forget conversations we had a day prior. I also was forgetting about opportunities and potential new business we had discussed. I started to train myself to take a lot of notes during client interactions and to review them daily.
I came to your facility the day before Thanksgiving, hoping your treatments would work, but not believing that anything could help my situation. The staff was friendly and attentive. I was brought back to one of the exam rooms where the tech did in my opinion "nothing". She first had me answer some questions and after administered treatment. She started with an infrared something or another and then finished with several attachments to my head. The therapy was instantaneous and I didn't feel a thing. This also led me to believe it didn't work. She informed me that in about 20 minutes I should start feeling the effects.
I am ashamed to say she was right. On the way home from the facility, I did notice that I was recalling my route home clearer and I did not need to look at my GPS. Over the Thanksgiving Holiday, I did not stutter when I was trying to recall events or names. I was even able to recall the name of my favorite store, Trader Joes that had slipped my mind several times this past year. I also started to recall some conversations with clients and things that needed my attention. My wife, who was is very aware of my situation, was shocked to see how much more attentive to detail I was with my family.
A few other things I noticed are kind of shocking. I am a vocalist and this past year I have been having difficulty remembering lyrics and have been butchering songs. Recently, I have become very interested in some new music. One song in particular, has recently caught my attention. This past weekend, I listened to it a few times and read the lyrics once. On my way home the other day, the song came on the radio and I had no problem recalling the lyrics and melody. Also, I have been diagnosed with tinnitus, ringing in my ears, and have had ringing for the past several years. This past Sunday, I noticed something was different. The ringing was gone. The room was silent for the first time in a long time.
I was quite skeptical when I walked into your facility, but something has happened since my first treatment. I am looking forward to further treatments to see if I have more success, but I am grateful for the progress that has been made in such a short amount of time.
Thank you for your help!
My progress during the past four months with Global Brain Center have been significant in many ways. Here are the areas and manners in which I have felt the greatest improvements:
Autism Spectrum Disorder
If something startling occurs (sudden loud noises, etc.), I no longer remain ridiculously anxious and ready to cry for hours after the initial event. I can be outside in the rain without being overwhelmed and horrified by the sensation of the rain on my skin. I am no longer disconcerted when I see language used improperly. · I am better able to process inconsistent human behavior. If I see bright lights flashing, I no longer spontaneously burst into tears. I am wearing clothing other than my tactile “binky” clothing – no more Aspie uniform!
I am much less likely to be on alert and think the worst if I hear a sound I don’t immediately recognize I no longer have flashbacks. I do have memories, but these occur as something which I can objectively observe and analyze. Brushing my hair more frequently! When a manipulative person tries to make me question my memory and believe a lie, I no longer feel distress, but rather bemusement. This is new and most wonderful! If someone around me is upset, I still do get upset as well, but no longer completely despondent; no instant panic. I am able to function in the presence of someone else’s anger. I no longer pick up the slack when the angry person doesn’t berate me – no self-destructive inner dialog for hours on end! This is more helpful than words can describe.
Traumatic Brain Injury
I lose my balance less often, for which I’ll be most happy when winter and ice come!
I find that I can now break through repetitive thoughts and change the topic in my internal dialog. I feel far less compelled to fix things that appear to be in the wrong place
I am no longer compelled to binge when I arrive at a new location (I frequently work in other people’s homes for extended periods of time as a pet sitter).
My inner dialog is still nearly incessant, but it’s no longer negative. The effect of this seemingly simple change is HUGE. I no longer dread all the things that need doing and become nauseous when I first wake up. I simply notice that I’m awake. I also no longer cry myself to sleep. I simply conk out. I love this.
I am still very much a work in progress, but the improvements I’ve been able to experience give me great hope. I no longer feel a total loss of potential. I feel better equipped to navigate the labyrinthine emotional world of other people. My truest hope is to be able to better relate to my fellow human beings again and to be able to reenter the work force and function at increasing capacity.
Normal? I do not know how close I will come to “normal” – but better than I was will certainly do in a pinch!
A psychiatrist after spect scans in 2002 told me, "Your daughter has the brain of someone with PTSD, she's had her Vietnam and now we have to put her on another medication to quiet her brain. I realized all the years of taking Ritalin and anti-psychotic medications had only made her ADHD worse. He also said the scans revealed an old brain injury for which no prescription or treatments were offered. After a concussion in February, 2005, which kept her out of work for two weeks, her condition slowly worsened. Frustrated, she took herself off all medication. A year later I told a physician friend that I planned to take her to Neurofeedback. It was the turning point in my daughter's life. A mind-mapping of her brain pinpointed the trauma from the recent concussion and evidence of poor electrical function in the front part of her brain. Treatments followed bi-weekly for about a year. My wife and I started to see our daughter come to life in front of our eyes. Her energy started to return, self-confidence improved and the interaction with friends and relatives became increasingly age-appropriate. People started to say - What have you done with Melanie? This is the best we have ever seen her!
Today she continues to improve and is truly a pleasure to be around.
- One well-respected practitioner early in the protocol development reported that the new protocols “had made an unbelievable positive change in the personality of a girl who had been born prematurely, at 24 weeks.”
- A Ph.D. in the northeast reported that “the client can certainly feel the difference in impact between (older technology) and the Neuro-Gen software, getting the same impact with 3 sites as 6-7 sites of (older technology)”.
- Two clients noticed more change in fewer sessions, compared with (older technology).
- A practitioner in the northeast recently reported her stroke patient “can sleep now, is no longer depressed and suicidal, and has DOUBLED his laps in PT, stunning his docs.”
- Another practitioner in the Northeast recently wrote, "Corey Snook has provided a superb product that has undergone rigorous testing and evaluation. Both engineering and customer support have been outstanding, reliable, dependable, and of enormous benefit to me and my clients."
- A recent telephone conversation with a practitioner who had just experienced remarkable improvement in the symptoms of an ex-NFL player:
- Stroke a couple of years ago, left with paralysis in leg and fingers, severe word finding issues
- Diagnosed with dementia, likely to significantly worsen in the next year or two
- About to lose their home, since having to provide 24-hour care
- Within 7 sessions of Neuro-Gen HPN, had already begun to have use of fingers again, beginning to be able to speak once again.
- Demonstrating significant cognitive improvement. Tears streaming down cheeks as he began to regain use of his fingers.
- A recent male teen, severe ADD and Autism Spectrum. One-word sentences, when you could engage him. I could see a difference in him following the first session. Within 3 sessions, he began markedly to open up. By 10 sessions, over the course of one month, there was a dramatic turnaround. He was able to focus and study. He was engaging, conversant, and largely free of the stimming activity characteristic of Autism.
- I had very positive results over 20 sessions with a client who was experiencing anxiety, early developmental issues, and was suicidal. Medication and many years of talk therapy had accomplished little. She was significantly more functional, had found employment, and noticed that therapeutic interventions were beginning to be effective. Her relationships with both her son and husband improved significantly.
- Another practitioner relayed the experiences of another ex-NFL player with TBI symptoms that had dramatic improvement in symptoms over first 12 sessions.